Wednesday 28 January 2015

Book Review - Silence for the Dead

Silence for the DeadSilence for the Dead by Simone St. James
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

What's better than a great haunted house story? A great haunted mental institution story full of British soldiers suffering from shell-shock in the aftermath of WWI and a young woman with her own haunted past, on the run and pretending to be a nurse in order to work at the creepy old institution on the cliff.

This was a great page turner that really made me feel immersed in the era and in the beautifully wrought space of the mental institution. I dropped one star because I felt some of the characters were a little wooden and could have been fleshed out a bit more, but overall it's a fabulous read and I will be looking for more by this author.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment