Friday 16 January 2015

Book Review - End Times

End TimesEnd Times by Anna Schumacher
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Why I have been so cranky about books this year, I don't know. This should have been a great, fun read for me because YA dystopia/apocalypse fiction is my favourite entertainment genre. But.. Something about the story just kept annoying me. Maybe it was the heavy handed ness of the judgement implied, in regards to hypocritical Christians. Which I get, I mean, I speak out about that all the time. But here, for some reason, it annoyed me. Maybe it was the stillbirth, that's kind of a sore spot for me. Maybe it was that some of the characters are almost cartoonish in their stereotypical roles. Whatever it was, I pushed through it to try to get to some kind of resolution at the end, of which there is none, because this is apparently the set up for a series. One I probably won't read further.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment