Thursday 22 December 2011

Book Review - The Nine Lives of Christmas

The Nine Lives of ChristmasThe Nine Lives of Christmas by Sheila Roberts

My rating: 3 of 5 stars


Sweeter than your average Christmas candy, and a treat that is sure to make cat lovers laugh out loud, The Nine Lives of Christmas is truly a spirit-of-the-season type read. I usually don't read much romance, but I couldn't resist the allure of a matchmaking orange tom cat with one torn little ear who finds a home for himself and a love for the guy he's decided to adopt by Christmastime.

It's amazing what one little furball can do when he puts his mind to it. Ambrose the cat is by far my favourite character in the book, and anyone who has known and loved a cat will recognize and laugh at his little quirks, from his terror of the Santa monster to his random pouting, refusal to eat period to his climbing up the Christmas tree... even that tell-tale little tail wriggle.

I wanted something sweet and Christmasy and light, something fun to read and that would put me in a good mood for the season. This filled that perfectly. It's not academic fare. It doesn't have deeper messages or an underlying truth, but man, is it ever fun.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment