Monday 12 December 2011

Book Review - So Much Pretty

So Much PrettySo Much Pretty by Cara Hoffman

My rating: 3 of 5 stars


Interesting story about a girl going missing in a small town and all of the lives that are affected by her abscence, from former-doctor organic farmers with a teen daughter of their own, to the journalist who thinks if she just examines everything more carefully she will be able to save her to the good ole boy sherriff who refuses to believe that anyone in his town could possibly be responsible.

This book suffers a bit here and there from constant time shifts, past to present to past, mainly because the shifts back don't go to one particular place, but all over the place, and only in a semi-linear fashion. I got lost several times as to where I was in time, and I'm not a stupid reader by any means. Other than that it was a great read with some edgy moments and suspenseful bits.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment