Friday 16 December 2011

Book Review - Before I Go To Sleep

Before I Go to SleepBefore I Go to Sleep by S.J. Watson

My rating: 5 of 5 stars


Excellent mystery in the form of an amnesiac's diary. Every night when Christine goes to sleep, she loses her memory. When she wakes in the morning, next to a man she doesn't recognize, she has to spend the majority of her time re-learning who she is and what her place in the world might be.

I absolutely loved the style of this book. The pacing was excellent, just enough jumps and freak-outs far enough apart to keep you guessing. And me, who often guesses the true "bad guy" before the end, was right... but in such a wrong way - I love it when authors can surprise me like S.J. Watson did with this exquisite take on marriage, love, memory and identity.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment