Saturday 14 July 2012

Book Review - Pretties

Pretties (Uglies, #2)Pretties by Scott Westerfeld
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

The follow-up to "Uglies" (which I really enjoyed), Pretties continues the tale of Tally, Shay, Peris, and the others met in the first book, post Tally's return to the city to become a Pretty, which came at the end of Uglies.

If I never read the words "bubbly" or "bogus" again, I may recover from this book.

While the story is engaging, the dialogue, plot lines, and characters drove me a little crazy. Yes, I know pretties are vapid. Yes, I know they do shallow things and live shallow lives, but good heavens, the book didn't have to! There was so much depth that could have been explored here that wasn't.

While I thought the story was okay, I can't say I enjoyed it half as much as the first in the series. Still, I'll be reading "Specials" soon, so it may have done it's job, pushing me on to the next book with just enough of my questions hanging after this book to prompt me.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment