Monday 23 July 2012

Book Review - Autumn: Disintigration

Autumn: Disintegration (Autumn, #4)Autumn: Disintegration by David Moody
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Ever finish a book and say to yourself, "Whew, what a ride!" ?

That's how I feel right now.

The fourth installment in the Autumn Zombie series by David Moody, Autumn: Disintegration takes you off in an entirely new direction than the previous books. I had bemoaned the fact that my previous read in the series, billed as 3.5, told me the ending of what happened to the previous group of survivors, worried it would spoil the rest of the books for me. I was soon to discover that wasn't the case.

Though I was cranky when book two introduced new survivors instead of carrying on the original storyline, here I was thrilled. I guess that things had gone about as far as they could be taken, for me, in the other story line, and this opened up fresh new characters and perspectives in this post-apocalyptic world overrun by the living dead.

It's somehow fresh and interesting, fun and exciting, and full of action and wild suspense. It's a rocky ride, and I still get cranky when I see someone use the word "germ" as many times as this author does, and some of the characters are a little cliché, but overall it's exactly what it's meant to be: pure entertainment.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment