Wednesday 13 June 2012

Book Review - Call Me Princess

Call Me Princess (Louise Rick / Camilla Lind #2)Call Me Princess by Sara Blaedel
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

This Danish police detective novel caught my eye while out on a library road trip with my husband. I'd finished the book I was plowing through and scanned the new releases shelves to see if there was anything particularly interesting. While this is the second book in the series with this particular detective, the plotline - a rapist who is finding his victims through online dating sites - struck close to home for me and I decided to try it out.

There are some odd turns of phrase in the novel - common with anything translated - and the names and places are a bit hard to get used to. I had a heck of a time trying to figure out where I was in relation to other settings in the book, having about zero knowledge of the geography of Denmark, but beyond that it was an enjoyable read. Not sure if I'll pick up more by this author, because I found the twists and turns a bit typical/predictable for me.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment