Sunday 26 February 2012

Book Review - Iron House

Iron HouseIron House by John Hart


My rating: 4 of 5 stars



Sometimes, when I'm reading a book, I can't help but think what a great action movie it would make. This is one of those books.

This is sort of a guy/adventure book, and is something I think my Dad would love. It has the mafia, hired goons, talented asassins, pregnant women that need to be protected, family secrets, family vendettas, explosions, kidnappings, surveillence, lots of bad guys, and lots of guns.

It's lots of fun. This adrenaline-filled romp follows a man on a journey to leave the mob life, whose track takes him into a past that he's been reluctant to explore, a brother he lost touch with in a group home years ago, and a mother he never expected. It's nothing remotely intellectual, but it sure is a heck of a lot of entertainment, and sometimes that's precisely what you're looking for.

Be aware that toward the end of the book you may find yourself staying up til four thirty in the morning because you can't put it down!





View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment