Tuesday 7 February 2012

Book Review - The Bar Code Rebellion

The Bar Code Rebellion (Bar Code, #2)The Bar Code Rebellion by Suzanne Weyn


My rating: 3 of 5 stars



This is the second installment of this series - and from the ending of the book, clearly the last - following The Bar Code Tattoo which I read late in 2011. As I think I mentioned then, Suzanne Weyn creates compelling characters and tells a good story, but she isn't a particularly graceful or insightful or stylish writer. Her craft is weak, but her stories and characters are strong, which brought me on to this, the second book.

Conspiracies in this book run high, almost to a point where I couldn't suspend my disbelief any longer, but I still stand on the opinion that I'd have loved this book at 12-14 or so and it is still likely a fantastic read for pre/young teens.





View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment