Monday 21 November 2011

Book Review - A Heartbeat Away

A Heartbeat AwayA Heartbeat Away by Michael Palmer

My rating: 3 of 5 stars


There are some times of the year when the US government is particularly vulnerable to attack. One of those times is during the State of the Union address, when nearly all the members of the line of succession to the presidency are located in one room.

In A Heartbeat Away, the terrorist group Genesis takes advantage of this by releasing a deadly virus during the State of the Union, forcing a lockdown of the capitol building to prevent spreading the virus through the country. Meanwhile, an intrepid journalist and hermetic virologist strive to unlock both a cure and the identity of the Genesis group, uncovering multiple nefarious plots along the way.

With a lot of action, some shocking moments that made me gasp out loud and a gripping plot, this book is worth a read. Then again, if like me, you could think of worse things than a shake-up in American political structure, you may find a few points where you're wondering whether or not it'd be good for the US (trust me, I don't actually wish the Washington politicos ill, but it did make me wonder!).



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment