Thursday 24 February 2011

Just Books

I've been slow getting this post up, I'm almost finished with book number 21 at this point!  Oh well.... 

16. Cruel Intent Jance, J.A.
17. Memoirs of a Teenage Amnesiac Zevin, Gabrielle
18. On the verge Papa, Ariella
19. The slap : a novel Tsiolkas, Christos
20. Apartment 16 Nevill, Adam L. G.

Note to self:  Reading creepy books when the husband is going to be out of town is a bad, bad idea.  Apartment 16 I finished a couple of nights ago... and it's still haunting me.  Someone had a very bad experience with surrealistic art and felt the need to share it.  I shouldn't have partaken, I think.  That one is gonna bother me for a while.

On the other hand, The Slap was one of the most exquisitely written, interesting books I've read in a very very long time.  I recommend it to absolutely everyone. It's a look at what happens to a group of friends when one man disciplines a child who is not his own at a neighbourhood barbecue.  Really interesting relationships, and it's set in Australia, so some fun and different places and slang to read about.

3 comments:

  1. Amazing Katie! I'd love to read more books too! Not sure about 111. LOL! Maybe 12? One a month. Jill

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi there! Quick questiοn that's entirely off topic. Do you know how to make your site mobile friendly? My web site looks weird when browsing from my iphone 4. I'm tгyіng to find a thеme oг
    plugin that might bе able to resolve this pгoblem.
    If you have any reсommendаtions, plеasе ѕhare.
    Сheers!

    Ηere is my web pagе :: yaz lawsuit

    ReplyDelete
  3. We stumbled ovег here сοming from а different ωeb page and thought I mаy as well сheck thingѕ out.

    I liκe what I ѕee so now і'm following you. Look forward to going over your web page yet again.

    my web-site ... yaz lawsuits

    ReplyDelete