Thursday 3 February 2011

FAQ Day!

I've been getting a few questions since I started blogging, mostly off-site, because one of the biggest questions is about commenting.  I decided to do a FAQ day to address all of those.  Also, I am headachey and having a hard time working productively today, so I decided it was time to write something a little more "fun" to alleviate some stress.

How do I leave a comment on your blog?

This is the most common question, and it's surprisingly easy to answer.  If you have a google account of any kind - Gmail, AdSense, YouTube, Google Documents, Google Friend Connect or, of course, Blogger, just log in at the top navigation bar, and when you comment below the post, it'll use your Google account information.

If you don't have a Google account and don't want one, that's okay too!  Use Name/URL from the drop down menu, and enter whatever you like, whether it's the URL of your facebook page or some news story you like.  I really don't care what you use for a URL, just as long as I know it's you (if you want me to know!) You can also comment anonymously, though sometimes the Blogger system will pick that up as spam.  If it's a legit comment though, I'll de-spammify it.  I swear.  Even if it's bad - I don't mind criticism.  Usually.

I'm still having trouble commenting.  Help?

Really, there's nothing else I can do.  I have removed all the spam blockers, including the prove-you're-a-human test where you have to type in those warped little letters.  I have tried looking up other solutions, really I have.  I don't know what the issue could be.  It's possible my blog is just broken somehow, judging by how many people are having problems.

How can I get a job at Mahalo?

If you really are interested, this is the hiring link: http://mahaloteams.com/guide/

I'm not sure if they are actively hiring still, or if they are on hiatus with the new M4 software rollout.  Hey, it's worth a try, though, right?  The system is very buggy still right now, and there are a lot of issues being worked out, but if you're game to give it a go, go for it!  At least if you've read my blog, you'll be going in with your eyes wide open!  If I know you, feel free to say I referred you. If you are some stranger from Russia who came across this blog while surfing for large woolen hats or something, I'm gonna tell the bossman I haven't a clue who you are if he asks.  But do drop me a line and tell me how you came across my blog in your search for winter headgear.  Was it the crocheted laptop bag?  Hm.

How on earth will you have time to read 111 books this year?

Well, I dunno.  I read before bed every night, and listen to audio books while I do housework, walk, and in better weather, while I garden.  I read instead of watching TV to relax a lot of the time.  Richard and I listen to audio books in the car when we're travelling together.  It's about reading for pleasure this year, too, not just for enlightenment or education, so don't expect to see a ton of stuffy, academic books on my list.  There will probably be a couple, because sometimes I find those fun, too, and I find a steady diet of fun books is kind of like a steady diet of frosting.  You need a steak once in a while, too.  And broccoli.  I'm one book away from posting my next set of five, which will bring me to 15.  I was hoping to read 50 before my birthday in mid-April, and I'm about on track for that I think.  I read less in the nice weather, because I spend more time outdoors, although last summer I spent a lot of time outdoors reading - so who knows!  I only live a block from a park where I can sit and read, and have a backyard that's shady and cool in the summer afternoons, so we'll see how it goes.

1 comment: