Sunday 6 February 2011

Books and Balls

See, I was going to title this "Books and Bowls" but that was less fun.  I'm going to be one of the writers covering the 2011 Super Bowl live on Mahalo today, along with a handful of others, and some video people working live from the office to capture all the cool plays and killer commercials.  If you want fun live coverage of not only the action but the side action too (I'll be doing commercials, celeb appearances, shows, stuff like that) just set your browser to Mahalo.com to check in.  We'll be working pre-game, game, half-time, and post-game shows to bring you info on everything you ever wanted to know about the Super Bowl.  Should be fun!

To help with the pluralization of balls, I should update you that our cat George has a fixation with a certain yellow and white plastic mesh ball that he loves to play fetch with, but only if Richard is asleep or out of the house.  I think he's afraid it's going to be stolen or something.  Stepped on maybe, he's lost a lot of those plastic mesh balls that way.... not by my feet, I'm close enough to the ground to still see what I'm walking on :)  When Richard is home, he persistently brings a large slurpee straw back to one of us for fetching play.  He stole it from the trash a while back, and loves it so much that neither of us has the heart to take it away from him.


Books!
11. The guinea pig diaries : my life as an experiment Jacobs, A. J.
12. Your big break Edwards, Johanna
13. House rules : a novel Picoult, Jodi
14.  Whispers and lies Fielding, Joy
15. Full dark, no stars King, Stephen


A note on House Rules: I started reading this over the summer, but it was long, there were many people waiting for it behind me at the library, and I was caught up in gardening.  I returned it, and downloaded the audio book instead.  I've been listening to it for ages, off and on.  I loved it, but it was an emotionally intense read, like many of Picoult's books are.

The Guinea Pig Diaries is very funny if you like non-fiction essays.


Also, I totally spaced on my FAQ page and forgot to address this one:

Why are your books formatted so oddly and why do they link to your library when half of us can't get there??

Okay, they are formatted oddly, with non title caps and the authors name backwards because I copy them directly from the "Reading History" tab of my account on the library website.  That copies the link for me too, and if you click on it, you can at least check out the book.  The library website has enough information, such as summaries and such, that you will know if you want to read it, even if you plan on going to buy it at your local store, or request it at a local library.  And if you *are* from here, you can just click to request it, so yanno, good for you for being from Alberta.  Or something.

No comments:

Post a Comment