Wednesday 6 May 2015

Book Review - Fracture

Fracture (Fracture, #1)Fracture by Megan Miranda
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

What makes you human? What makes you, more than anything else, alive? Are you just a collection of neurons firing in the grey matter in your skull, or is it more than that?

Delaney sure hopes it is more than that, because after spending 11 minutes under the ice of a frozen lake, after spending 11 minutes dead, her brain doesn't fire the way it's supposed to. She should be in a vegetative state, but she's not. She should be dead, but she's not. With that said, is she really alive?

This was an interesting and very fast read. I liked the characters well enough, though from time to time was frustrated by the short-sightedness that stems from them being teenagers. I'm always aware that something along those lines is going to annoy me when I read a YA novel, but it never stops me from getting annoyed when it happens.

There was a fun little bonus in the back of the book - a chapter retold from the perspective of a different character. It was insightful and I really enjoyed it.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment