Monday 28 October 2013

Book Review - Pure

Pure (Pure, #1)Pure by Julianna Baggott
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

This is one of my favourite post-apocalyptic YA reads - and I've read an awful lot of them in the last few years.

Pure takes place in a post-nuclear holocaust future, where everyone who didn't make it into the security of a dome shelter either died, or suffered terrible burns and mutations as a result of the bombs falling.

I really love the world-building in this book, and if you're a fan of that kind of thing, this is worth a read. It's also absolutely fascinating where the author's mind went, in including things like nanotechnology into the scheme of things, to create the kinds of situations... well, I don't want to spoil it for you. You just have to read it.

Fabulous characters, an intriguing setting that just when you think you understand it, veers off completely from what you thought, mysterious sub-plots, a tiny twist of possible romance, and some real jump-out-of-your-skin moments.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment