Thursday 31 October 2013

Book Review - Germ

GermGerm by Robert Liparulo
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

It was the cover of this book that grabbed me, as I wandered through the stacks at a newly built library in a nearby town. I'm a sucker for great cover art, and this one grabbed me right away. Simple title, simple art, and intriguing concept: a mad - as in angry, in this particular case - scientist has created a deadly designer drug that can be programmed with DNA to assassinate anyone, anywhere. It can pick you out of a crowd. It can leap from person to person. It can cross continents as quickly as the common cold. And, as the tag line of the book says, if you breathe, it will find you.

I thought this would be more of a mystery, but it's pure action from the get go. It would make a great action/thriller movie, actually. I can see Daniel Craig as the ivory doctor, Allen, and the big redheaded bearded guy from the TV series Revolution as his bearish brother Stephen. Okay, that may have been in my head the whole time. I won't lie. This May or may not have to do with the fact that imagining Daniel Craig racing naked through the woods at one point was... Well, I digress.

Ahem, back on track.

If you're into suspenseful books with lots of guns, scary immortal assassins, creepy as heck bad guys, Nazis, naked doctors running through the woods and best of all, a fantastic, strong female hero who saves the day and maybe the world, this one is for you.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment