Tuesday 28 August 2012

Book Review - Flashback

FlashbackFlashback by Dan Simmons
My rating: 1 of 5 stars

Ughhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh....

Awful. So awful I couldn't finish it. Life is way too short for books you hate.

Are you looking for a book full of conservative propaganda? Do you want a book that tells you the world will fall apart if liberals are in power? Maybe you're particularly racist against middle-eastern or Japanese people? Yes? Then you'll love this book.

You could read the feelings of the author through this novel. Now, I don't mind bigoted characters. I don't even care whether or not characters are republican or democrat or independent or love Ross Perot. I really don't. But when a book reads like the author has an agenda he's trying to put across, when derogatory terms are used toward other cultures not just in dialogue but in the knit-together writing of the book, I can't take it.

I'm not a book burner. I'm really not. I don't want to get rid of books that oppose my own views. So read this, if that kind of thing floats your boat. It's great to live in a world where you can read whatever suits your fancy. But oh my word this was not the book for me. By any means.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment