Tuesday 20 September 2011

Never Knowing

Never KnowingNever Knowing by Chevy Stevens

My rating: 5 of 5 stars


I couldn't put this one down. After a couple of late nights and a marathon of reading this morning, I found myself slapping the book shut with a sigh. Oh, how I love a great book that grabs me and just doesn't let go.

The story of Never Knowing is told through visits with a therapist, an interesting storytelling technique that I haven't run into before. I usually have issues reading with first person perspectives, but this made it natural, real, and "in the now" as each therapy session unfolded. I felt for the protagonist; I can't imagine my own reaction if I went to search out my birth parents and realized they were a serial killer and the one victim who got away. As the discoveries compound, the serial killer decides he'd like to be a part of his daughter's life, with disastrous consequences.

Pick it up. Trust me on this one. It is a fantastic winner.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment