Friday 9 September 2011

In The Night Room

In the Night Room: A NovelIn the Night Room: A Novel by Peter Straub

My rating: 1 of 5 stars


Bizarre and fantastical tale of two writers caught up in supernatural events unfolding around them, involving ghosts, a wickedly rabid fiction fan, angels, and a spirit guide who communicated via email, mostly using 1337 5p34k. Which makes long passages of the book a headache to read if you, like me, hate that kind of thing.

I didn't enjoy this book. It was just odd, and for me to say that says a lot, being a chick who loves horror, dystopia and sci-fi, but the story line seemed contrived and self-serving, and half seemed to be a nod promoting Straub's earlier book (Lost Boy Lost Girl) which is mentioned often enough in the text that I considered starting a drinking game around it's mention.





View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment