Friday 4 January 2013

Book Review - Caught

CaughtCaught by Harlan Coben
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I didn't discover Harlan Coben until late last year, and as I ease through his books (I have quite a selection waiting for me now on my eReader) I find myself wishing I'd found him years ago.

This is a solid mystery/suspense novel. It's captivating, kept my attention, and had a wonderful twist at the end that I wasn't expecting. Yay, a surprise! Too often I figure out all the twists way before the end, so I always try to point out the spectacular reads where I don't.

There is a cloud hanging over the head of a group of men who were freshmen suitemates at Princeton decades earlier. A college scandal, swept under the rug, seems to have spawned new scandals that are decimating lives left and right. One intrepid reported, instrumental in one of those scandals herself, is determined to get to the bottom of the crisis, as well as figure out why a young girl from her son's graduating class at the high school has disappeared. Is it connected? Is one of the men responsible for her disappearance? Or perhaps it's the mastermind behind all the scheming?

This was fun. It isn't literary or profound, it's just entertaining and fun and a fast-paced read. I really liked it.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment