Friday 14 December 2012

Book Review - Identity Theft and Other Stories

Identity Theft and Other StoriesIdentity Theft and Other Stories by Robert J. Sawyer
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

What a wonderful surprise this book was.

I grabbed it at the library, on impulse. I didn't even read the blurb before grabbing it, and I was surprised to find that it was sci-fi (I think I expected some kind of mystery/thriller from the title!).

Not only sci-fi, but sci-fi with a noir detective. It would be an understatement to say that my last foray into fiction with both of those elements did not go well. (A vast, vast understatement of epic proportions. So much so that I would have thrown this book aside if it hadn't been dark, and if I hadn't already been tucked into bed and wary of waking a snoring husband).

Boy am I glad I gave this book a chance. It was awesome! Funny, smart, witty in all the right ways, full of action, and kept my interest the whole way through. Yep, I loved it. Go figure.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment