Monday 26 March 2012

Book Review - Seriously, I'm Kidding

Seriously...I'm KiddingSeriously...I'm Kidding by Ellen DeGeneres

My rating: 4 of 5 stars


I was disappointed in how short this book was, mainly because it was making me laugh. A lot. And so I felt a little cheated that there wasn't more of it.

Some of the humour in this book borders on the absurd, but I think those were the moments that tickled me the most. Beware of reading this in public; people look at you funny when you start randomly gigglesnorting in quiet waiting rooms. This book is like a little peek into the inside of Ellen's head. You get odd lists of things, random thoughts that seem disconnected from everything that came before, anecdotes from life as a talk show host and from her marriage, and snippets of dialouge from a very funny life.

There isn't a lot of substance here. If you're looking for a hearty memoir about how to break into show business or be a successful Hollywood lesbian or get paid to dance up and down aisles, this is not it. It isn't a biography, nor is it chock full of behind-the-scenes gossip. It's jsut funny. And that's enough.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment