Friday 16 March 2012

Book Review - Married With Zombies

Married With Zombies (Living with the Dead, #1)Married With Zombies by Jesse Petersen

My rating: 4 of 5 stars


Imagine Zombieland, but with a couple in a rocky marriage leading the way. I seriously laughed my way through this whole book. It is written with a terrific, sharp wit and dialouge that is almost disarmingly real.

Sarah and David arrive at the office of their marriage counselor one day, prepared to slog through another session to try to repair their falling-apart marriage. To their shock, they find their counselor happily munching away on her previous patients. Yowch.

After a narrow escape, Sarah and David are on their way through a series of mishaps, adventures, trials and triumphs as they meet characters ranging from a teenage ninja who lives above a Chinese restaurant to ne'er do well prosthetyzing Christians to the Jeff Foxworthy-esque hillbilly romancing David's sister.

Married With Zombies is the first in what is intended to be a post-apocolyptic series, and I thought it might fill in a gap in my reading list while I wait for the next Mira Grant novel to come out. It was a great pick. Completely different from the Feed series, this book is light and irreverent, but still skillfully written and an absolute delight to read.





View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment