Thursday 1 August 2013

Book Review - The Distant Hours

The Distant HoursThe Distant Hours by Kate Morton
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

This was one of those books that, once I finished it, I couldn't read anything else for a while because I was so caught up in the world of the book.

There's a creepy old gothic castle, a trio of delightfully eccentric spinsters, mysteries that date back to WWII, a fascinating bookish heroine who discovers family secrets she never dreamed of, love, deception, selfishness and generosity. And it is beautifully woven into a narrative that moves seamlessly through several different eras and the minds of many wildly different characters. I re read some passages just because I found the writing so delightful. For me, it was a vacation in a book, and a fantastic escape.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment